World News – AU – Supercar fans stunned as Australian government targets iconic Adelaide 500

0
12

The calculations are based on an interest rate of 10% per year over a period of 3 years without deposit
This budget tool is intended only as a guide and a starting point and in no way constitutes a financing estimate.Please consult the terms of our site here

The Australian motorsport community is in shock after the South Australian government announces that next year’s Adelaide 500 will be phased out due to the coronavirus outbreak

In September, Supercars announced that Adelaide’s annual race – which typically takes place in March – would be pushed back to late 2021, potentially until October

However, the South Australian government chose to cancel the event entirely, as Supercars revealed in a statement Thursday night.

« The South Australian government has announced its decision to no longer run the Adelaide 500, » the statement read

« We regret that the South Australian government has decided to no longer host this event. Supercars look forward to bringing our fans an exciting 2021 Championship in Australia and New Zealand

« If at some point in the future the South Australian government decides to restart the Adelaide 500, the Supercars would be delighted to be there »

Over the past 21 years, over 53 million people have attended V8 races in Adelaide Over 254,000 spectators attended the Adelaide 500 last year, compared to 201,975 who attended the Bathurst 1000 in 2019

Very sad to wake up to the news of the removal of the Adelaide 500 One of the best events of the year Some great memories from the years there I debuted, I threw a bombshell on live tv and i won twice, made even better by the thousands of fans who would cheer you on every day! Sad 😢

Speaking to The Advertiser, South Australian Prime Minister Steven Marshall explained that the decision was not taken lightly

« The Superloop Adelaide 500 has been an event icon for over 20 years, and this decision was made with careful consideration, » Marshall said

« COVID-19 has presented significant challenges for the events industry, and uncertainty and other factors have become an insurmountable obstacle in the critical situation to organize a successful race

« South Australia is the benchmark for hosting world-class events, and we will continue to invest in this space to create local jobs

« We remain a strong supporter of motorsport and will act quickly to assess all options for future motorsport events »

South Australian Tourism Commission chief executive Rodney Harrex said in a statement: “South Australia is one of the major event venues in the country and the world, and we will continue to  » invest in a range of sporting, cultural and artistic events to stimulate the visitor economy

« Due to the high level of uncertainty around the event’s ability to take place in 2021, the likely impact on the event for the consumer and commercial market, and the long-term decline in the motorsport fan, a decision has been made that it will not be possible to organize the race next year and not to look for a contract for the coming years

« We’ve had discussions with Supercars for most of this year, working on possible scenarios. Ultimately, given the current circumstances, we are unable to deliver a sustainable and prosperous future for the event for next year and beyond »

The Adelaide 500 won’t go ahead in 2021 I’m really lost for words The biggest event in South Africa, and the one I love the most, is officially off the schedule for next season after 20 years Being a proud South Australian, this one hurts Let’s all hope it will be operational again in 2022! imageTwittercom / 5i2WFdnBmp

South Australian politician Tom Koutsantonis tweeted: “Make no mistake, killing the Adelaide 500 is a budget decision made by Prime Minister &, its treasurer

« Believe me, the Adelaide 500 is not Steven Marshall’s kind of event, it attracts too many shopkeepers, blue collar & types of working families for its liking

« Steven Marshall & Rob Lucas will leave a terrible legacy Massive debt & a city without soul

« The Adelaide 500 means a lot to SA, the best street circuit in the world IMO Now it’s gone, killed by two men who could no longer be taken away from the aspirations of the workers

« The Adelaide 500 is one of the most important economic & social events for the city’s economy It is a long-term blow to our & hotels restaurants »

Journalist Cara Jenkin tweeted: « I am absolutely furious with this decision I have been proud of South Australia my whole life, but now I am embarrassed to be associated with what was once a great state »

AAP reporter Oliver Caffrey said: « Every city does a wonderful job of hosting Supercars events, but there is something special about the Adelaide 500 SA government’s bold decision. »

The calculations are based on an interest rate of 10% per year over a period of 3 years without deposit
This budget tool is intended only as a guide and a starting point and in no way constitutes a financing estimate.Please consult the terms of our site here

CONDUITconz is the new home of the automotive industry, with thousands of listings, the latest automotive news, ownership tools, car comparisons and reviews to help you make your vehicle decisions more easily… You will find all this – and more – under DRIVENconz

Supercar Championship, Clipsal 500 Adelaide, Motorsport, South Australia

World News – AU – Supercar fans stunned as Australian government targets iconic Adelaide 500


SOURCE: https://www.w24news.com

QU’EN PENSEZ-VOUS?

Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!

[gs-fb-comments]

[comment-form]

Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis

[maxbutton id= »1″]